Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed to establish Mechanism to provide Subsidy on Wheat Flour to the Poor. In this regard, he has asked Syed Fakhar Imam, the Minister for National Food Security and Research, to establish a committee for working out a comprehensive plan to make flour immediately available at subsidized prices across the country.
Imran Khan was heading a meeting to review prices of daily commodities where different proposals to ensure the availability of daily use items at suitable prices were considered.
Special Assistant to Prime Minister (SAPM) on Youth Affairs Usman Dar submitted a report compiled with the help of Tiger Force volunteers enlisting ground realities regarding the prices of daily use items.
The meeting was conveyed that a 20 kg flour bag was being sold at Rs840 at 368 Sahulat bazaars in Punjab. These bazaars registered a 60 per cent sale of flour on a daily basis whereas the remaining 40 per cent remained unsold due to the lack of customers.
The prime minister directed Punjab government to ensure availability of flour at Utility Stores Corporation (USC) according to its requirement.
Moreover, Minister for Industries Hammad Azhar informed the meeting that One Lac ton of sugar had arrived at Karachi out of which 25,000 tonnes and 75,000 tonnes were purchased by the Utility Stores Corporation and Punjab government.
Latest posts by News Desk (see all)
- Oil Prices down amid Geo-Political Uncertainty - November 1, 2023
- Govt to borrow PKR8.5 trillion in Bond Auction till Jan-2024 - November 1, 2023
- Nishat Chunian Ltd: 1QFY24 profit rises 13 percent to PKR 500mn - October 31, 2023