Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu is the current Chief of the Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force. Hailing from Gujrat, Punjab his father was an Islamic Scholar in Gujrat. Before Zaheer was appointed as the chief, it was Mujahid Anwar Khan who held the post.
|Alma Mater||Pakistan Air Force Academy, Risalpur|
Born on 16 April, 1965 Air Marshal Zaheer Ahmad Baber Sidhu was commissioned in GD (P) Branch of Pakistan Air Force in April, 1986. Throughout his career, he has held many designations before finally being appointed as the 23rd Chief of the Pakistan Air Force.
He is a graduate of Combat Commanders’ School, Air War College and Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS), UK. Presently, he is serving at Air Headquarters Islamabad as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Administration). He has commanded a Mirage Fighter Squadron, a Flying Wing, an Operational Air Base and Regional Air Command.
|Air Head Quarters||Assistant Chief of Air Staff – OR&D|
|Air Head Quarters||Assistant Chief of Air Staff – Officers Training|
|Ministry of Defence||Additional Secretary|
|Directorate General of Projects||Directorl General|
|Air Force Strategic Command||Directorl General|
|Administration||Deputy Chief of Air Staff – Admin|
|Air Head Quarters||Director Operations|
Awards and Honours
- Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military)
- Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military)
- Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military)
Appointment of Air Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber as new PAF Chief is done to give continuity to the on going JF-17 program development, Project Azm, weapon development, AESA radar development, SAM R&D and white body aircraft and implementation of new war doctrine for PAF as new platforms need new doctrines.
- He was commissioned into Fighter stream of Pakistan Air Force with a Sword of Honour
- Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Babar is a professional Pilot with considerable experience in Flying Mirages of Pakistani Fleet. He is considered ‘Mirage Pilot’ as compared to Previous Air Chiefs who were F-16 pilots
- Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Babar has less than 2,000 flying hours to his credit (No Red Wing), while outgoing Chief ACM Mujahid Anwar Khan was a ‘Red Wing’
Latest posts by News Desk (see all)
- Oil Prices down amid Geo-Political Uncertainty - November 1, 2023
- Govt to borrow PKR8.5 trillion in Bond Auction till Jan-2024 - November 1, 2023
- Nishat Chunian Ltd: 1QFY24 profit rises 13 percent to PKR 500mn - October 31, 2023